Have you ever eaten a tonkatsu sandwich? It is almost like eating tonkatsu with rice, except it is between two slices of bread. Chinatsu Maeda (wife of Tatsuji Maeda of Japan Memorial) will be here to help make tonkatsu sandwich for the Fujinkai-sponsored Food Fair on Sunday March 13, 2016.
Food Fair will begin at 10:30 am (after 10 am service) and will end at 12:30 pm. The slices of pork in the tonkatsu bento is pretty large and quite filling! It is fried, patted down to get out the excess oil and a special tonkatsu sauce is poured on the tonkatsu. Very delicious!
We probably will have other food items for sale. This is just a sampling of what we would like to sell.
Please place your preorders by Sunday, March 6:
- Tonkatsu Sandwich Bento – $5.00
- Maki Sushi – $4.00
- Spam Musubi – $1.50
- Sushi Vinegar – $4.00/bottle
To preorder, please print the order form linked below to complete and mail. Checks should be made payable to “Honolulu Jodo Shu Fujinkai.” Or, just come down on March 13!
For more information, call (808) 949-3995.
- March 6 10:00 AMSunday Service (Sermon by Rev. Nakano in Japanese and English)
- March 12 8:00 PMKIKU-TV
- March 1310:00 AM Sunday Service (Sermon by Rev. Narashiba in English)
10:30 AM Food Fair in Social Hall, sponsored by Honolulu Jodo Shu Fujinkai
- March 2010:00 AM Sunday Service (Sermon by Rev. Narashiba in English)
Sunday School Retreat
- March 27 10:00 AMSunday Spring Higan Service (Sermon by Rev. Nakano in Japanese and English)